Importance of Italian
Oh, it awakens my past memories before I just write up the importance of Italian. Italian became very important to the Sri Lankans with the arrival of open economy in 1978 of the United National Party under the leadership of president late Mr. J. R. Jayawardane.
The both countries of Sri Lanka and Italy signed contracts for employments in Italy. As a result, the citizens of Italy invited Sri Lankans to work in their houses, farms, plantations and other small enterprises. Since then, most job seekers of Sri Lanka learned this language in the hope of doing better jobs in Italy.
Besides, they wanted to converse with Italian people and make good company among them. They also wanted to remain in the same houses and continue the same career with efficiency in language. Not only an individual but also the whole family learnt Italian so as to reside in Italy. School children learnt Italian to complete their studies locally or abroad.
The members of the families felt so much the importance of Italian when they wanted to get their legal documents translated in it. The translators and the interpreters have had badly the importance of Italian with their great income in translating of various legal documents into Italian.
This language became more important to the nations because of being a catholic country in the world. Most catholic priests and nuns learnt Italian to participate for religious ceremonies and to read the Italian bible, prayers, hymn and the culture of Italian people. The general public learnt Italian as an additional language in order to read the newspapers, story books, novels, cookery books and recipes. Most Christians too learnt Italian prior to their visit to Italy.
This language became more necessary to tourism. Those employed in tourism learnt Italian and earned a good deal of money. The above same facts were important even to other nations of the world. As a matter of fact; this language brought a good foreign exchange to many countries of the map. I would say this language will pave the way to number of nations for their rich livelihood. Whoever wishes to learn Italian try his or her luck in technology, mechanics, agriculture, education, religion and in other fields in future.
- A Three Month Italien Course for Beginners of Basic Level of First Term
- The contents in the sheet will be clearly explained by the lecturer Master your basic knowledge with following lesson
- The italien alphabet, vowels and consonants.
- The pronounciation of letters in the alphabet and all double consonants.
- The pronounciation of dual and triple vowels.
- The pronounciation of accented vowels.
- The pronouciation of stressed and unstressed syllables.
- The greetings.
- The days and the months and the numbers.
- The colours and the seasons.
- The personal pronouns and the nouns.
- The interrogative pronouns. The negative form and the questions form
- The personal pronouns with helping verbs in the Simple Present Tense.
- The conjugation of first, second and third group of verbs in are ere and ire in the simple Present Tense.
- The building of tenses in the Simple Present Tense
2. La Prima lezione.
L'alfabeto italiano e la pronuncia di lettere
A E I O U
Si pronuncia b-d-f-l-m-n-q-t-v approssimativamente come in inglese
ca - casa |
ce - cerimonia
ci - citta
co - collo
cu - culla
cri - cristallo
cre - crema
che - acqua cheta - stagnantwater
chitarra - guitar
ga - gamba - leg |
ge - gelato - ice cream
gi - ginocchio - knee
go - gomita - elbow
gu - guardare - look at
gn - agnello - lamb
gli - figlio - son
|ghe - gherlino - warp
ghi - ghirba - skin
gia giardino - garden
gio - giorno - day
|sce - scelta - choice
sci - scipito - dull insipid
sca - scala - staircase
sco - sconto - discount
scu - scuola - school
scr - scrivere - write
sch - schiatta - race
La pronuncia di parole con consonanti doppi
- cittā - city
- bocca - mouth
- bello - beautiful
- azzuro - blue
- burro - butter
La combinazione di parole con vocali e consonanti. Come si pronuncia queste parole?
- cielo - sky
- ciao - cheerio
- giā - already
- giallo - yellow
- sciame - swarm
- ē - dá - piú - siò - bensí
- "z" ha due pronuncie; pezzo - piazza - zio - zucchero - palazzo
- Pranzo - mezzo - sozzo - dozzina